Friday, February 13, 2015

Dirt Biker - s Review: The 2. 5 Liter Ultrasonic Cleaner

Dirt Biker’,s Review: The 2.5 Liter Ultrasonic Cleaner

January 29, 2013 by Dave

Recently, a forum member on the Honda dirt bike site XR650RForum.com. calling himself Master_E, shared with his buddies his experience with the Chicago Electric 2.5 Liter Ultrasonic Cleaner .

“,So I bought this thing because I took my carb to a buddies house the first time I was taking it apart and we used his. My carb had gunk all over and was generally dirty from being used. This ultrasonic gizzmo cleaned my carb to the point where it looked fresh out of a hot tank, inside and out. I was very impressed.”,

When he took it home, he tried different cleaners with it. One different work. Another was so sotrong, it would tarnish. Finally, he found the perfect “,solution”,:

“,I went back to Harbor Freight and bought a gallon of this business they use in their regular parts washers for only $9.99. I run a 50/50 mix with water and it cleans fantastically. Straight out of the jug is pretty concentrated stuff. I really recommend diluting it some.”,

And once he figured out the formula, he threw everything he could find into the cleaner.

“,Since, I’,ve used it on all kinds of things. Most useful to me has been on fasteners but greasy nuts, bolts, washers, brackets, spacers, sprockets, clutch and brake perches, cleaning up my tools, my carburetor components, suspension components and even a whole chain. Yes, the whole chain.”,

Besides motorcycle and automotive parts, the 2.5 Ultrasonic Cleaner is great for cleaning gun parts and brass, jewelry, coins, brasswind parts, pinball machine parts, e-cigarette tanks, medals, eyeglasses, tattoo tubes, grips and tips, bionic parts, coffee ground cups, and so much more! It works with our without heat, and is programmed for five cleaning cycles. At only $74.99, it’,s a great machine at a great price.

Now, back to Master_E:

“,So I thought I’,d share a couple before and afters. I actually struggled to find things that needed cleaning, but I did find a couple things. These parts were never prep’,d or polished after coming out of the cleaner. They went straight in, ran a cycle then brought out and dried off. Thats it. No scrubbing, no brushing, no scraping, no wiping down with a rag at all.”,

(Click on the pics to enlarge)

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment