Thursday, February 26, 2015

Honda hrx217vka

Terrible cut great handling

I purchased a hrx217vka on 6/5/2014. It handles like a dream compared to several other mowers I've owned. I bought this mower because it was supposed to be great at mulching. After 3 times mowing with it I can only say that it is the worst cut I have ever seen. It leaves tall strands of uncut grass everywhere! I have st Augustine grass and have always mowed it at about 3.5 inches and have never had a cut problem until now. The blades seem to be sharp and there is no build up of grass underneath the deck. I can only assume that this problem is due to either poor deck design, the two blade system or both. Wet or dry the cut is the same ( unacceptable). My 22 year old Murray is better than this. I can't recommend this mower to anyone is you plan to mulch. For the price I expected the cut to match the handling which is great. Very poor mower Hobda!

Response from Honda

We're sorry to see you are unhappy with the performance of your mower. Leaving uncut grass can be a problem for any mulching mower, but the problem generally worsens at higher cutting heights and when the grass is dry. There are several things you could try to improve the cut quality: lowering the cutting height, bag, or use the Versamow system to bag and mulch at the same time. Increasing vacuum usually helps, which is why the problem is less likely to occur when allowing some or all of the grass to enter the grass bag.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment