Friday, December 19, 2014

Turnbull - Asser

Recommended Reviews

Growing up on the UES, I always passed Turnbull &, Asser, but never went in to see their offerings. It wasn',t until now, in my late twenties, and after I moved out of Manhattan, that I started to develop a taste for quintessentially British style. While visiting friends in NYC for New Year',s, I knew that I had to experience their bespoke service. I have measurements that fall out of off the rack range, so bespoke is my only option if I want a proper fit (not just for T&,A, but pretty much any tailored clothing as well)

The bespoke manager is amazing. He',s so personable that I immediately felt comfortable with the entire process. I hate stuffy and stuck up service, but this was the exact opposite.  He was quick to offer suggestions on how he could accommodate the fact that I live out-of-state, since the process requires a sample to be made, and the measurements adjusted if needed. I took home two small fabric books so I could take my time picking out the next five shirts (initial minimum for bespoke is six).  During the fitting process, we spoke a lot about our shared horological interests, and he provided a lot of interesting tidbits of information on James Bond.

$350-$600 depending on fabric), but considering that you',d pay similar for ready-to-wear Ralph Lauren Purple Label (or Lorenzini, maker of RLRP) or similar, I consider T&,A to be a much better value.

*UPDATE* I received my sample shirt within a few weeks of ordering.  The turnaround time was amazing, and the fit was great.  I only had to make a few adjustments, and now I',m looking forward to receiving the rest of the lot.  Be warned, though, it took me a few months to actually fly back to New York so that they could assess the fit in person.  By that time, a few of their limited-run fabrics had sold-out, so, if you are doing bespoke and like some of their T&,A patterns, make sure you order them in a timely manner.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment