Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Barbour - Bedale Jacket

Reviews

65 of 67 reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.

5 / 5

very nice coat - 12/29/2014

By: pbbbbb from Richmond, VA

bought this coat for my daughter. Super nice to say the least. She was thrilled with it. It arrived in a speedy manner and though she didn't like the color, the local Orvis was happy to exchange it for the color she wanted. I do think that it runs a little small, so if you can try one on before purchase, that might be a good plan, but not a big deal if not as Orvis is easy to work with when exchanging.

1 / 5

Bad in so many way - 12/18/2014

By: klescop from Connecticut

This is no 1 star rating because the hood is the wrong color and I'm incapable of understanding color before I purchase an item. The hood is terrible. To summarize: 1.) obnoxious label 2.) too small 3.) useless wire 4.) loose snaps 5.) sloppy design 1.) Barbour has put a label that faces outwards and right side up when the hood is down. This is an example of conspicuous consumption. It's meant to show off the brand, which is an expensive one, and let everyone around you know that you buy expensive stuff. That is just awful. I cut mine out. 2.) The hood fails spectacularly in protecting my head against rain. In fact, I am reasonably certain that more water falls onto my face when the hood is up through the "under a ledge" effect. Have you ever walked under an awning and jumped through the curtain of rainfall that gathers at the edge? The hood creates a curtain of rainfall onto your face. Terrible. That is of course, when the hood stays up. It's too light to withstand wind of any sort and will casually flop over and completely give up if you create strong gusts by walking in a forwards direction. 3.) What purpose does the wire serve except digging into my back when I'm driving, or making the process of lifting up my useless hood just a touch more annoying by forcing me to restructure the thing every time I want rainfall to be gathered and poured onto my face? 4.) God forbid you treat your jacket like a jacket and lift it up by it's hood. All you will have in your hand is a hood. A useless hood. The rest of the jacket will be on the floor because the snaps are completely incapable of performing their sole function. Do you sometimes like to roll your shoulders when putting on a jacket to get it to sit well? Well you now get to add the fun step of snapping one or two loose catches from the hood back on every time you do that. 5.) The tags, which conveniently are translated into 18 different languages will invariably flap across your face either blocking one nostril or tickling your cheek until you cut them out. The ends that contain the drawstrings will invariably sit at asymmetrical and absurd angles whenever the hood is down unless you adjust them to look alright. Conclusion: The hood is an affront to human decency.

5 / 5

Great jacket - 12/6/2014

I bought this jacket for my husband and he really loved it. It's a multi use, just great and beautiful jacket! It can been worn either as an elegant as well as a casual jacket!!

This is the second Barbour jacket I have purchased. Also bought the wax to refurbish the old jacket. My son wears this all the time, bought the vest and hood also. Can't say enough about Barbour quality it is by far the best jacket made!

4 / 5

Excellent. - 11/12/2014

By: JohnH98 from Alexandria, BAA

This is my third Barbour coat. I reached for this model because it is shorter and was made with the Thornproof fabric which hopefully will wear better than the lighter fabric. It met my expectations. Knitted cuffs are new for me. I do feel that the fabric is not as heavy as my first Barbour from 20 years ago and would love not to have 'Barbour' stitched on the pocket.

5 / 5

awesome buy - 10/31/2014

By: brownleewhite

The jacket is killer. Navy is the way to go. Attention grabber but still a classic! Strong look and this jacket will last forever with if maintained properly. I recommend the Bedale if you want a shorter jacket. I'm 5'5" so the Bedale is a perfect option.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment