Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tiella

Recommended Reviews

I actually forgot to write this review a few months ago.  My wife and I went there for our wedding anniversary in September.   I made my reservation through Yelp and also put a note that it was our anniversary.

The staff put us at a nice table in the back of the restaurant. They started us with a complimentary gladsnof champagne,  which was very nice.  We then ordered a fantastic calamari and manzo appetizers.   They were extremely tasty.   For dinner, we had the fettuccine w/ lamb ragu and the branzino.  Both were fantastoc as well.  The portions were not overly generous but the quality was really good.

1 check-in

Wow, what a nice little find in a neighborhood I absolutely loathe to visit.

On my way to a recent doctor appointment in the area, I found myself with an hour to kill for lunch. I didn',t want to eat a big meal, but I wanted something delicious and healthy. As I walked down First Avenue, I managed to spy a small, narrow cafe called Tiella. I couldn',t recall ever seeing this place in previous trips up this way. And it',s so small it',s easy to miss if you',re just passing by.

I walked in and noticed a couple of tables of yentas, yapping away, and dining on what looked like some pretty amazing pastas and pizzas. Boy, did I want some of that. (The pasta and pizza, that is. Not the yentas.)

Alas, I was trying to eat healthy going into Thanksgiving so I ordered the Cavolo kale salad. Kale turns out to be one of the most nutritious things you can put in your body, and in recent years, restaurants big and small all seem to be adding kale to their menus. The Cavolo is a simple mix of baby kale with apple, pecorino cheese, and golden raisins, dressed in a honey-mustard dressing. It was delicious. Couple that with a complementary bread basket and a glass of tap water, and with tip, lunch cost me about $15. A great deal, in my opinion.

I',ll be back in the area in a couple of weeks and plan to have dinner. If everything tastes as good as it looks, this may very well rise to a 5-star review.

Was this review &hellip,?

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment