Monday, March 30, 2015

GE GSD6660GSS 24 in. Built

Cons: Can't think of any The Bottom Line: This thing does its job well. I haven't had a single problem.

I bought this GE Triton XL dishwasher a little over a year ago to replace the dishwasher that was already in my house when I moved in, which was old, very old. I have never actually had a nice dishwasher before, just the kind that come in apartments and then the very old Kitchenaid that came with my house. I have been very happy and haven't had a single problem so far. A lot of this review will compare the GE Triton XL to my old KitchenAid since that is my best frame of reference.

LOOKS and DIMENSIONS

My GE Triton XL is a stainless model. It features a full length flat stainless door with a black control panel at the top. The control panel has soft touch buttons that are flush with the control panel. The dishwasher fits flush under the counter. This is a huge improvement over its predecessor. The KitchenAid I had was no color. It had a contact paper finish intended to look like wood. The buttons were chrome and came out about an inch from the panel. The Triton weighs 95 lbs and measures 25 1/4 inches deep by 34 inches high by 24 inches wide. There are extendable legs that can raise the height to 35 inches.

INTERIOR ROOM and RACKS

As I discuss the interior room, bear in mind that these two dishwashers fit into the same spot under the counter. The interior of the GE is cavernous, I mean giant, compared to the KitchenAid. All of the space was gained just by advances in technology. The ancient KitchenAid had a motor that sat about 10 inches higher from the floor than the GE. I hardly had to bend down to put dishes in the bottom rack of the KitchenAid. The GE sits so much lower that you are only a few inches from the floor when the door is open. The GE features "maximum capacity nylon racking". This was one area of huge improvement. These racks are very versatile and can hold nearly anything. The bottom rack has two sets of fold down tines (I told you it would hold anything). Some parts of the racks also have hinged lids. This way you can put small, light items in the racks and not be afraid that they will wash out due to the water pressure. We wash water bottles to reuse and my wife puts the caps in these compartments. The specs on the washer claim that it will hold 16 place settings.

SOUND PACKAGE

A lot of people are worried about how much noise a dishwasher will make. The GE Triton XL comes with the QuietPower IV package. I couldn't tell you too much about this accept that I bet the QuietPower V is better. What I can tell you is that noise is not an issue. Outside of the room I never notice noise from the dishwasher. Sometimes I will notice that water starts running (because I can hear the pipes not the dishwasher) and I will ask my wife if she started the dishwasher. When you are in the room with the dishwasher, you can tell it is on while it is actively cleaning. You can hear it, but the noise is subdued. You would not be required to raise your voice at all to carry on a conversation. I don't think I even need to tell you, the KitchenAid was really loud. Are you seeing a comparison trend yet? In defense of the old KitchenAid it did appear to last forever.

CLEANING ABILITY

I have zero complaints about the cleaning abilities of the GE Triton XL dishwasher. As I understand it, there are two types of dishwasher users in the world. The people who rinse the dishes before putting them in and the people who just put them in straight off the table. I rinse and I have had people comment that I am washing the dishes twice. That being said, I feel that every dish I put in comes out clean, even when I really load it up. If you are the type to put the dishes in with food on them, the Triton comes with a Piranha hard food disposer so your pipes won't get clogged. This Triton dishwasher comes with an Extra Clean Sensor which, according to GE's product info, "Continually monitors every cycle adjusting to ensure dishes get clean efficiently." This unit also has 3 direct-feed wash arms to help reach every spot on the dishes and a jet dry dispenser to help with spots.

FEATURES

The Triton XL is loaded with features. The dishwasher comes with a 100% Triple XtraFine water filtration system (this from the GE specs). You also have multiple wash settings including, normal wash (I should think so), pots and pans, china and crystal, rinse only, an NSF certified anti-bacterial cycle, and speed cycle. We wash our china and crystal by hand. I only use normal wash. The Triton is energy-Star qualified and offers an additional energy saving option of having heated or not heated dry cycle. There are 3 silverware baskets, two of which are covered as mentioned above. There is also a delayed start setting of 2, 4, or 8 hours. That way you can take advantage of reduced energy rates if they are offered late at night or simply set it for a time that is more convenient to you.

The GE Triton XL gets my recommendation. There is nothing I want the dishwasher to do that it doesn't do. Additionally I think it looks sharp and is nice and quiet.

Please see my other reviews of GE stainless large appliances at

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment